Welcome to Staff Picks!
A playlist featuring Mike Krol, James Supercave, TENDER, and others
Tuesday, Feb 19
Friends! We have some good stuff lined up for you on today’s mix, which features trap, rap and chill sounds. As always, stay lit with us by following our STAFF PICKS playlist on our krux915 Spotify account! Yeehaw!
- Telephone Light by Electric Light Orchestra
- Heat of the Summer by Young the Giant
- The River by 500 Miles to Memphis
- Solo by Frank Ocean
- Kazoo Kid Trap by Mike Diva
- Warm it Up by Logic ft. Young Sinatra
Tuesday, Feb 12
Welcome back friends! Welcome to the Staff Picks Valentine’s Day mix! As you know, two days from now will be Valentine’s Day where oversized teddy bears, heart-shaped balloons and PDA are a thing. In honor of V-Day (well, really to celebrate chocolate going on sale Feb 15), the staff at KRUX have curated this special list of not-love songs for you to enjoy, so you can lift your V-Day spirits and really get the mood going.
The full audio can be found on our STAFF PICKS playlist on our krux915 Spotify account so follow our playlist for more tasty music!
- Watch You Sleep by Girl in Red
- Ramen King by I Fucked a Turkey and Got Away with It
- So Lonely by The Police
- Insincerely Yours by Lily Allen
- Good Morning Britain by Aztec Camera
- Tongues by The Frights
- Hell and You by Amigo the Devil
Tuesday, Feb 4
Hi friends! We’ve got a pretty great mix for your every mood this week, courtesy of all the KRUX staff. In no particular order of greatness, here’s the list of Staff Picks!
- Juice by Lizzo
- Upbeat oldies feel, listen when you’re feeling yaself.
- Feel by Sonder
- For #sadboisundays or for late night drives by yourself in the car with the window down.
- Ordinary Pleasure by Toro y Moi
- Funky, fun & indie
- SUNDOWN by Jack Harlow
- Kentucky boy with glasses rapping on a sick instrumental, idk just listen.
- Pretty Boy Swag by Soulja Boy
- Life Sucks… Let’s Dance! by Reel Big Fish
- fun; starts off like an anime outro song and then the beach boy vibes kick in.
- Moment’s Silence (Common Tongue) by Hozier
- Have you ever watched a movie where the main character is taking a long road trip to the middle of nowhere, in their convertible, with their hair flying in the wind? This is the song they’re listening to.
- Wifey by Victor J Sefo
- An island pop song you’ll love just as much as I do.
As always, thank you for listening! These songs can be found in the STAFF PICKS playlist on our krux915 Spotify account. Follow the playlist and discover new music! Check back next week for a Valentine’s Day mix!
Tuesday, Jan 29
About Us: If you’ve ever wondered to yourself “Hey! I wonder what music the KRUX staff like to listen to!” you’ve come to the right place. The music that gets heard on air is specially selected by our Music Director, but doesn’t necessarily include the individual tastes of our staff here at the radio station. That’s where Staff Picks comes in. In addition to listening on-air, this is where you come to get a peek at the music diversity that exists at KRUX. We don’t all listen to the same things, so there’s a new song here for everyone to check out.
How it works: There’ll be a list of songs included in every post. In addition to this, these songs will be added to our Spotify playlist, titled STAFF PICKS. This playlist should be embedded on the page for easy listening. If you can’t see the playlist, just look up krux915 on Spotify and follow the STAFF PICKS playlist.
Here’s a short list of some cool tunes to check out, courtesy of our Music Director. Check us out next week for more STAFF PICKS!
- Power Chords by Mike Krol
- Fear of Falling Asleep by Tender
- What’s Left in the River by Royal Canoe (this one has a sick instrumental)
- Painted Image by Liz Brasher